2015. augusztus 19., szerda

Breaking News - TI Precision Labs

Here I wrote about the Texas Instruments Precision Labs, the insane price of it and my plans to replicate it.
I even started to work on it, replicated the schematics in KiCAD, created the PCBs for the OpAmp inserts, and partially designed the main board itself.
In addition I posted this project to the Hackaday.io, and it found it's way to the Hackaday blog itself:
I don't know if somebody at TI read what I wrote, but this came today in a newsletter:

So, mine is on the way to Budapest:

I payed ~$60 for it with shipping.
If you need it hurry up, while it lasts.
First: The project is officially canceled - I've many more things to do
Second: Great thank you for Texas Instruments, for this offer!

2015. augusztus 13., csütörtök

CNC Motor Driver 13. - Front Panel Board

More than a week ago the boards finally arrived:

Then I soldered the parts into it:

I picked one of my Nuvoton development board, cut it to it's parts, and soldered the missing headers, to be able to use it as an ICE programmer/debugger:

Finally, I started to rewrite the controller's program, to the new pin configuration. During this process, I also want to little bit clean up the code.
To test the board is working, I wrote a "Hello World" for it. :-)

The board looks like working so far. The next step would be to finish the conversion/clean up the code.

2015. augusztus 5., szerda

Expandable breadboard 2. - Stickvise

When I created my expandable breadboard, I got a comment from Alex Rich who is the designer of the StickVise. He told, that I should make a "breadboard jaws" for it.
I was thinking about it, even ordered some parts (longer rod for the StickVise), and finally yesterday I made it:

And I made a video about the building. This is the first one where I'm talking, so you can see my horrible english :-)

UV Lightbox 19. - New display

As I wrote in my last entry about the Lightbox, I ordered a new display. It is arrived more than three weeks ago (I was on vacation, therefore wasn't able to write this entry).
Tested it:

It works, visible, but still dim a bit. I'll keep it until the enclosure finished. We will see, if it is good enough when it is mounted in it.