To make this work, here are the settings I used in the Arduino IDE:
May some settings need explanation:
- I used Generic ESP8266 Module to see all of the possible options.
- QIO mode is the fastest flash access method and as we use ESP-01 here using the GPIOs occupied by the QIO is out of question.
- 4M flash size - I replaced the 512k flash chip with a 4M one (http://pakahuszar.blogspot.hu/2016/10/esp-01-surgery.html) so it is the correct one here
- Reset Method - nodemcu - this is the most important setting here, as this makes possible to run the programmer automatically without pressing buttons.
I think, with this I can tell, this project is finished. The only thing left, to update the github repo of it.