2018. július 31., kedd

DIY Curve Tracer 3. - MCU selection

As I mentioned earlier I wanted to change the two AVR MCUs from the original design to a single 32bit one.
Here are my selection criteria:
  • Two at least 12bit DAC channel - One channel is used for the sine wave generation, the second maybe used for the pulse generation (not designed, decided yet, but better if it is available)
  • Two at least 12bit ADC channel - For measuring current and voltage on the DUT. If parallel sampling and/or differential input available is good but not requirement
  • DMA for DAC operation
  • 32 bit core - ARM Cortex-Mx prefered
  • Arduino framework support, free, native C/C++ IDE support (I haven't decided between the two, so the support is necessary)
  • Low cost development board
  • Easily solderable (for me. Means: TQFP accepted, QFN, BGA not - I know this is my personal limitation, but I don't want to learn it right now)
Based on the specs above my choice is an STM32F303RET6:
https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/microcontrollers/stm32-32-bit-arm-cortex-mcus/stm32-mainstream-mcus/stm32f3-series/stm32f303/stm32f303re.html

And the development board for it:
https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-nucleo/nucleo-f303re.html

I ordered the board from Farnell yesterday. Today arrived:



Next: seting up the development environment

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése