Its been a while I write about the CNC project. It is in the state, I eventually work on it, so it advance really slowly.
It is time to write about the current state.
What happened since last time:
- Mounted the controller hardware (GRBL controller, stepper drivers, except the spindle controller into the PC box)
- Cut the back panel to fit into the place of the original PC card back panels
- Rewire the entire frame with longer cables (needed to be able to put the new controller case to the ground next to the CNC routers table)
The controller from inside:
The back panel (hole for the connectors still need to drill):
The new dymo heathshrink labels in action:
After I finished the cabling realized that one of the connectors miss the screw lock ring. Am I so idiot that it fall from the connector before assembly and I didn't realize it?
Nope. I just found on the floor:
What a shitty material those guys use. I fall from a meter to the floor and broke into pieces.
- Drill the connector holes to the back panel and assemble the whole motion control
- Create mounting hardware for the spindle controller (probably 3D printed)
- Create a front panel with vent holes for the 600W PSU
- Put everything together and test is